Having returned to Sault Ste. Marie after serving in WWII, Raymond Cartmill opened Lock City Monuments in 1950. Raymond's vision and keen business sense has created the foundation of Lock City Monuments, which has been passed down through the generations. Still run by the Cartmill family, Lock City Monuments shows no signs of aging or slowing down. Their longevity and stability is as strong as the unmatched monuments they sell.